Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Knitting & Reading


We've been having some actual snowy weather here in the Southeastern US, which actually gives me a little more time for two of my favorite pastimes; knitting & reading!  This week, I'm working on a baby blanket for my niece's baby.  (Yikes, this means that my brother will be a grandfather, and my mother a great-grandmother, and my grandmother a great-great-grandmother!!)  It's the Project Linus security blanket (free pattern on ravelry here) that I also made for Noah and he still loves it.

 I just started reading "One Thousand Gifts" by Anne Voskamp.  It is beautiful, just like her beautiful blog

*Joining in with the lovely Ginny and her yarn-along.

Read anything good (or knit anything fun) lately?

Peace,
~Michelle

PS Still no camera, photo credit to Adam who e-mailed it to me; thank you Adam :-)

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet blankie...

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i knit that blanket for my last baby and it is such a lovely thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle! hope you are well~ I was just going around peeking at people's blogs who were part of the lovely blogger swap, and wondering if you've received and sent out your packages yet? I hope you've gotten something lovely and can share about it soon! cheers, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came across your blog accidentally. First thing I recognized was House Mountain which I would gaze at every day while I attended four year college in Lexington, VA. Funny thing is that this week our family (homeschoolers, homebirthers, homesteaders... B.Kingsolver, Shannon Hayes, Joel Salatin's, Sepp Holzer inspired folks) is deciding on a site for our homestead for next season of our life. With all of our family in the Shenandoah valley (Charlottesville, Staunton, Lexington, Massanutten) decision would be easy... except we have fallen in love in North Idaho, Pacific North West and my husband is today in New Hampshire having an interview for a job there. :) Glad to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and say hello. I answer questions in the comment section and always visit the kind folks who take the time to comment. Peace.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...